8 Inch Meat Cleaver Knife
Plus Extra 20% Off at Checkout
Meat Carving, Butcher Knife: This 8-inch butcher cleaver does more than you think. While perfect for cutting through bone, this cleaver also beautifully slices meat or hard fruits and vegetables. For the veggie lovers out there, use a soft rubber mallet with this cleaver and it will slice right through butternut and acorn squashes, coconuts, corn on the cob, and more. This knife is more than meets the eye.
Slice, Dice, And Chop: This chopping tool is perfect for cutting up just about anything. Use this knife to slice vegetables for a veggie tray, to chop gourds and other hard-to-cut vegetables, or to quickly slice up your favorite type of meat. No matter the slicing or chopping job, this heavy-duty knife is up to the task. This is a must-have, multi-use tool for your kitchen.
- Made in Germany from premium X50CrMoV15 German steel
- Optimized multi-stage heat treatment with advanced CRYO ice-hardening process for superior hardness, durability, flexibility characteristics
- Triple Tang handle design for balance, control and precision
- Stylish yet functional ergonomic handle with SMART-BOLSTER™ design
- Sharp heel and smooth spine
- Lifetime warranty
- Made in Germany
- X50CrMoV15 German Steel
- 8” blade, 5.125” handle
- Weight: 1.193 lb
- Ergonomic Triple-Tang handle design made from steel & ABS
- 30 degree angled blade edge
- 55 +/-2 RC Hardness with advanced CRYO Ice-Hardening heat treatment
Personalize with a laser engraving monogram, name or logo.
Warranty: Life-Time Warranty
Made In: Germany
Knife Type: Cleavers & Boning Knives
Tang Type: Triple Tang
Edge Type: STRAIGHT
Blade Length: 8”
Blade Material: Premium Solingen X50CrMoV15 High Carbon No-Stain German Steel
Handle Material: ABS
Dimensions: L - 16 1/8 inches W - 4 3/4 inches H - 1 1/4 inches
How do I care for my knife?
Our knives are made from quality materials and should last if you take good care of them. Following please find few guidelines:
- Hand wash and dry immediately after use.
- Do not put in dishwasher as it might damage the high carbon steel and handles.
- Do not leave in water for an extended period of time.
- Hone your straight fine edge blade regularly.
- Sharpen your straight fine edge blade as needed on a sharpening rod (diamond or ceramic), whetstone or similar quality sharpening tool.
- Executive Chef Series edge is 20-22 degrees on each side.
- ProCut collections (Lightning, Thunder, and Premier) are 10-15 degrees on each side.
- Serrated edges should be sharpened as needed by using special tools.
- The meat cleaver edge is 30-35 degrees on each side.
- Gunter Wilhelm offers a FREE sharpening service to our kitchen knives. Please
CLICK HERE for additional information.
- For additional maintenance and sharpening videos please CLICK HERE.
Gunter Wilhelm Hassle-Free lifetime warranty covers manufacturing defects (materials and workmanship).
- A dull knife which requires sharpening is not a manufacturing defect, but basic maintenance.
- Rust spots might appear in cases that the knife was placed in a dishwasher or left in water for a long period of time. To remove any rust spot, please use a Stainless Steel polisher cream/past such as Bar Keepers Friend or similar.
- Woodblocks, sharpening tools, and blade protectors are not covered by our lifetime warranty policy since they are subject to normal and natural attrition.
- Please refer to our Warranty Policy HERE.
- Please check our videos for additional insights, tips, basic knife skills techniques, and more CLICK HERE.