Warranty: No Warranty
Tang Type: Triple Tang
Edge Type: DIMPLE
Blade Material: Premium Solingen 440/X50CrMoV15 High Carbon No-Stain German Steel
Knife Handle Material: Patented Full Tripel Tang (steel) with Black Pakkawood inserts and 4 rivets
Disclaimer: All QUEST items are on liquidation price, non-returnable, and not covered by warranty (as is, final sale).
How do I care for my knife?
Our knives are made from quality materials and should last if you take good care of them. Following please find few guidelines:
- Hand wash and dry immediately after use.
- Do not put in dishwasher as it might damage the high-carbon steel and handles.
- Do not leave in water for an extended period of time.
- Hone your straight fine edge blade regularly.
- Sharpen your straight fine edge blade as needed on a sharpening rod (diamond or ceramic), whetstone, or similar quality sharpening tool.
- To maintain the beauty and integrity of all Pakkawood handles, please rub them with clear mineral oil as needed. Do not leave them wet or place them in dishwasher.
- Executive Chef Series edge is 20-22 degrees on each side.
- ProCut collections (Lightning, Thunder, and Premier) are 10-15 degrees on each side.
- Serrated edges should be sharpened as needed by using special tools.
- The meat cleaver edge is 30-35 degrees on each side.
- Gunter Wilhelm offers a FREE sharpening service to our kitchen knives. Terms and conditions apply. Please CLICK HERE for additional information.
- For additional maintenance and sharpening videos please CLICK HERE.
Gunter Wilhelm Hassle-Free lifetime warranty covers manufacturing defects (materials and workmanship). Terms and conditions apply
- A dull knife which requires sharpening is not a manufacturing defect, but basic maintenance.
- Rust spots might appear in cases that the knife was placed in a dishwasher and/or left in water for a long period of time, and/or not dried properly. To remove any rust spot, please use a Stainless Steel polisher cream/past such as Bar Keepers Friend or similar.
- Woodblocks, sharpening tools, and blade protectors are not covered by our lifetime warranty policy since they are subject to normal and natural attrition.
- Please refer to our Warranty Policy HERE.
- Please check our videos for additional insights, tips, basic knife skills techniques, and more CLICK HERE.